March 28, 2019
Full Time Member Services Representative
Position Title: Member Services Representative
Department of Branch Location: Monte Vista
Description of Position: This position’s overall purpose is providing quality and efficient service to members in person and over the phone. This person will open new accounts and help enroll members in services. This person will educate members about San Luis Valley Federal Bank’s product and service delivery options and offer the solution best matching the member needs. They will also be responsible for the processing of the regular transactions, such as would be expected on a bank teller line in an efficient, friendly and accurate manner.
A Member Services Representative (MSR) provides personalized banking services to San Luis Valley Federal Bank Members by performing the following duties (other duties may be assigned):
- MSRs offer information on bank products and services that can benefit the member and enhance their banking relationship
- Evaluates needs of potential members and offers appropriate financial products and services
- Prepares and compiles documentation and information to open new accounts
- Provides ongoing relationship servicing with bank members to maintain goodwill and gain additional business
- Responds to member inquiries and requests regarding accounts verbally and in writing
- Promotes and cross-sells other established products and services as appropriate to member needs
- Generates new business by recruitment and by asking for referrals
- Receives checks and cash for deposit to savings and checking accounts, verifies deposit amounts, examines checks for endorsement and negotiability, and enters transactions
- Answers and routes telephone calls, takes messages, provides information and directs calls to appropriate staff as necessary
- Receives bank visitors, provides information and directs them to appropriate staff as necessary
About the Organization:San Luis Valley Federal Bank is excited at the prospect of you joining our team. We are an organization dedicated to making the financial lives of our members easier and creating opportunities for our employees to grow. As a team member of San Luis Valley Federal Bank, you’ll be part of an organization that has given over $1,000,000 to San Luis Valley non profits and community organizations in the last 10 years; provides employees with a wide range of human resource benefits including 5 days paid vacation in the first year and ability to earn up to 27 paid vacation days a year; provides employees with a defined benefit retirement plan; provides health insurance options; contributes to employee Health Savings Accounts; and more.
Compensation: Starting salary $25,709. San Luis Valley Federal Bank offers an excellent benefit package including Health Insurance, employer contributions to a Health Saving Account and a Defined Benefit Retirement Plan.
Application Procedure: Applications are available at 401 Edison Avenue and 3415 Mariposa Street in Alamosa or 330 Solar Avenue in Monte Vista. Applications may also be downloaded by clicking Application for Employment. Applications must be hand delivered to one of the above locations.
Deadline: Applications accepted until position is filled.
SAN LUIS VALLEY FEDERAL BANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, INCLUDING CONSIDERING INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND VETERANS.